How to Install Popcorn Time on FireStick
Popcorn Time is an application that gives you the opportunity to watch movies online and free TV episodes. The application packs a strong line-up content and gives you a chance to transmit them in up to 1080 Full HD targets. Despite the fact that this application is essentially intended for Android phones, it works well with the salon, TV devices like FireStick and Android TV boxes.
Since Popcorn Time is not completely perfect with the FireStick remote control, I prescribe introducing Mouse Toggle for easy control and navigation.
Due to some reasons, FireStick won’t let you download the APK files from the web. Subsequently, you require a supporting application, which encourages sideloading on your FireStick device.
Generally, I personally use the application which is:
I will give the installation guidelines in this guide.
What you will first require is to install the Sideload app from the Amazon Store. You can install any of them.
The steps are:
- Go to Firestick search (it is in the upper left corner on the home screen)
- Enter the name of the Downloader application to download it
- At the time the application name appears in the search items below, click on it
- follow instructions and install it
Activating Applications From Unknown Sources
We will begin with the installation instructions. Anyway, before we continue, we should allow applications from unknown sources in firestick configurations. This will allow us to install outsider applications like popcorn time. Here’s your main thing:
Go to the Firestick settings on the Home screen (select it from the menu bar at the top)
- Click My Fire TV or Device (depending upon what you see in the options)
- Choose the item Developer Options on the next screen
- Select and click Apps from Unknown Sources (by default it is OFF)
- Click Turn on and confirm your intent. Don’t worry about the warning message as Popcorn Time is a safe app.
Install Popcorn Time APK Using Downloader
- Open the Downloader app
- The start option in the left sidebar should already be selected by default. Navigate to the right side of the window and press the Select/OK button on your remote control when the cursor flashes in the URL field
- Enter the URL: https://. Make sure the URL is typed in correctly and click GO
- It will take about 2-3 minutes for the Downloader to download the APK file of Popcorn Time
- As soon as the file is downloaded, Downloader will run it and start the installation process. Navigate to the bottom right corner of this window where you see the Next option (it will change to Install)
- Click Install
- Let FireStick install the Popcorn Time app. It should not take more than 2 minutes
- App Installed notification will appear confirming that Popcorn Time app has been installed. You may want to click Open to run the app. But, for now, click Done to go back to the Downloader app
You have successfully installed Popcorn Time on FireStick using the Downloader app.